Education research suggests that of all stages of life, infancy is the time when music has the most impact. Share the joy of music-making with your infant and stimulate his/her musical interest and growth during this critical time. Singing to and with infants or saying rhymes and chants provides a wonderful communication between parents and child. It also establishes a foundation for later development in language, mathematics, music and movement.
We offer 2 different programs for parents (or grandparents) with babies: Parenting With Music (PWM) and Suzuki Early Childhood Education (SEC).
Parenting With Music (PWM)
- Parenting with Music is a single semester parent/baby program with start dates in September or January.
- PWM is for ages 12 to 36 months with parents.
- Classes are held once per week for 45 minutes.
- This program teaches you and your child traditional nursery repertoire, finger and toe plays, bouncing rhymes, lullabies and songs.
How the Parenting With Music (PWM) program differs from our Suzuki Early Childhood (SEC) classes:
- PWM is more age specific, geared toward 12 to 36 months of age, whereas SEC is a mixed age class with 0 to 36 month-olds together.
- PWM offers more diverse curriculum choices with new material added weekly.
- SEC is a team-taught class, having a repetitive and spiraled curriculum with the Suzuki philosophy underpinnings. (More details below)